Use the guidelines below when designating your story or searching for stories that interest you...
Our Story Categories
- Care & Support Stories are written by people that provide care, understanding, and compassion in a time of need or loss. Through empathy and support, members will help each other to begin their journey to an emotional release and ultimate healing in dealing with the stresses of care-taking for others. Examples of Care & Support story topics include: death of a spouse or loved one, cancer or terminal illnesses, mental and physical disorders such as Autism or MS, alcohol and/or substance abuse, domestic abuse or violence, and more…
- Our Relationship Stories encourage sharing among members facing similar challenges in their personal relationships. Finding and maintaining healthy partnerships and family relationships takes work and trust. Whatever the specific interaction, expressing emotion here is a reminder that you are not alone. Example story topics include but are not limited to: breakups and divorce, long distance relationships, step family dynamics, empty nest syndrome, gay & lesbian relations, military families, parent-teenager challenges, adoption, child abandonment and disownment.
- Post in our Self-Help Stories category for those improving some aspect or personal characteristic in their life in which they have overcome a specific undesirable habit or fear through self-motivation or professional encouragement. Studying and understanding your own physical and emotional challenges is said to exemplify “self-help" and would be fitting discussion for this category. Examples of Self-Help story topics include: phobias and social anxiety, exercise & health discipline, weight loss or weight gain, obsessive compulsive disorders, depression effects, self-esteem, sleep disorders, post-traumatic stress, etc..
- Our Spiritual Stories are dedicated to sharing experiences that will help members grow in their relationship with God, or a higher being, through regular spiritual practices such as worship and prayer, bible readings, meditation, and journaling. Examples of story topics include: News about my church and community, sharing bible passages and theologies, dedications to the memory of loved ones, volunteer activities, morality stories, and more….
- The Hobby Stories category is for the hobby enthusiast to share their pastime passion with those that have similar interest. Stories about hobbies that are genuinely practiced for interest and enjoyment are best shared in this forum. Examples include book clubs, ham radio, model railroading, collecting, creative and artistic pursuits, music, traveling, tinkering, cooking & recipes, gardening, and much more.
- Show your love for animals by posting in our popular Pet Stories category. Share the experiences, devotion, and heartwarming tales our pets give us everyday. Among the amazing pet stories may be included are animal acts of heroism, funny pet stories, providing care for an ailing pet, pet adoptions and rescues, and support in a time of pet loss.
- Celebrate your favorite sports team by posting a StoryTree article in our Team Sports Category. Share special stories to support your favorite team or sports hero and relate to others who feel just as passionate about theirs. Post any sports-related article about pro, college, or high school teams or even promote the activities of your youth’s athletic club. No matter where your sports allegiance, there is nothing better than connecting with like-minded enthusiast who want to stay involved with the sports scene by showing enthusiasm for their favorite team.
- Our broadest category is our Achievement Stories category. Post stories here that involve a great achievement in one’s life. Any successful accomplishment by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance belongs here. Examples of great achievements include: returning for a higher education degree, serving and surviving as a military war veteran, completing a major project, becoming proficient in playing an instrument or learning a second language, executing a hiking trip, or marathon run, or living the culture of a foreign country….it goes on and on.
- The Business and Career Stories category is not meant specifically for job postings or career searches. You may post articles dealing with career changes or unemployment, but the driving variable in this category is finding those with previous experience of your career situation. Post and read tips on resume writing, interviewing skills, setting career goals, negotiations, and more. And potentially the most powerful of all advantages, network with established business professionals that may offer or exchange services to benefit and grow their business in return.
- StoryTree Spotlight Featured Stories list our most popular stories and articles or those especially handpicked by the StoryTree editors for a variety of reasons. Often we'll highlight special stories that have significant meaning in certain seasons throughout the year. We will change our Spotlight stories from time-to-time so check this list often.